Brisbane City Council have announced the upgrade of the existing Recreation Reserve, located at 290 Elliott Road, Nudgee (opposite Nudgee Train Station).
A concept plan has been developed by Brisbane City Council for revitalisation and rejuvenation of a former sporting precinct in North Brisbane. The project will include sporting grounds, dog park and provide recreational activities for the residents of Banyo, Virginia and Nudgee.
Current Nudgee Recreation Reserve
- New touch football, cricket and soccer fields
- Outdoor gym and fitness equipment
- walking/running/cycling path.
- Outdoor path, providing users with a range of fitness options.
- Sports field lighting for night-time visibility
- New car park and upgraded entry from Elliott Road
- Clubhouse, amenities, change rooms, canteen, storage
- A playground, shelter, picnic settings and a barbecue facility
- Dog off-leash area
- 2018 – Investigation points
- September (2019) – Site investigation and invasive vegetation clearing
- September (2019) – Community engagement
Originally published by Your Neighbourhood here.