As you can see in the images below, work at Maasra has been continuing nicely, however, several issues have recently been identified by Hindmarsh which has delayed normal progress of works on site. Unfortunately, these issues have put pressure on our practical completion date. The positive news is that the construction team has identified ways to resolve the onsite work issues and has advised Karam Group that resumption of a normalised construction program will resume the first week of July.
Although construction work is regarded as “Essential Work” each COVID lockdown still has an impact on our timing due to various workplace health and safety issues among other things. Further, 2021 has seen a higher level of inclement weather days, that is above and beyond what would be classified as reasonably expected by the builder.
Karam Group, in conjunction with Hindmarsh, our design consultants and Project Manager/Superintendent (RLB) are investigating all options that may improve our ability get our valued purchasers into their new apartments within the earliest possible time frame. As part of this process, the construction team is undertaking a full review of the program to attempt to recoup some of this time and we should have a better picture of the final impact in the next update.
Despite these issues, work has been continuing on site and progress in the last month includes:
- Lift core building 1 poured to underside of level 3
- Building 1 second floor pour 1 reo install including post tension
- Pouring floors and columns for level 2
- Installation of the main switchboard for the electrics in the building
- Finalising hydraulics
- High level services commenced in ground floor units
- Blockwork continues in ground floor (both buildings)
- Reticulation water tank water-proofed
- Formwork stripped to building 2 ground floor, with man and material hoists installed
- Scaffold jumped to level 4.
- Stormwater connections now complete
- Sewer capping works are now complete
- Electrical and hydraulic services recommenced in the basements
- Whaling beam removal to perimeter of basements started on B2
- Second hoist installed
Since our first construction update we have focused on the date of practical completion or PC date. This is the date when construction works finish. As mentioned in our last update, even after PC is achieved, many things need to take place before settlement can occur.
We hope that you and your families remain safe during this new stage in the COVID battle.
Thank you and kind regards,
Karam Group Pty Ltd